We recognize that our particular local church is not an end in itself but a part of the broader Body of Christ. Often when churches and their leaders are more focused on building *their kingdom rather than building *His Kingdom selfish turf wars emerge among churches. We often say at EBC, that until each Gospel preaching church in our area is running 10,000 people regularly on Sundays mornings there’s no need for turf wars in the body of Christ and plenty of sinners, like us, to go around.
We firmly believe that Biblical Separation is required (Rom. 16:17-18) in order to maintain spiritual unity. Faithful churches, according to Scripture, must separate from false teachers (Gal. 1:8-9; 2 Jn. 9-11) and from brothers who are not following the traditional teaching of the Apostles (2 Thess. 3:6). Contending for the faith involves identification with groups faithful to the Biblical truth and a refusal to be identified (for a spiritual endeavor) with any teacher, church, or organization that denies a fundamental of the faith with reference to the Bible, Christ, and Salvation.
At the same time we firmly hold to the scriptures teaching regarding the unity of the Church (John 10) and the universal (invisible) nature of the Body of Christ naturally leads to the cooperation of local churches with one another. Local assemblies in the New Testament worked together for mercy ministries, encouragement, evangelism, and teaching. We believe that local churches should form partnerships in the Gospel with other local churches as well as with “para-church” organizations.
One way that we recognize the broader Body of Christ and keep away from petty turf wars is to pray by name for some other Bible believing, gospel preaching, Evangelical churches in our area. Here’s the list of churches we rotation through in our prayer time each week.
- Grace Chapel, Kingwood, WV
- Freedom Baptist, Nutter Fort (SBC), WV
- Clarksburg Baptist Church, Clarksburg, WV
- Lighthouse Baptist Church, Salem, WV
- Simpson Creek Baptist Church, Bridgeport (WVBC), WV
- Grace Baptist Church, Bridgeport, WV
- Horizons Church, Lost Creek (& other campuses), WV
- West Milford Baptist Church, West Milford, WV
- Faith Bible Fellowship, Bridgeport, WV
- Evangel Baptist Church, Bridgeport, WV
- Lifepoint Church, Clarksburg, WV
- Oak Mount Evangelical, Clarksburg, WV
- Bible Baptist Temple, Stonewood, WV
- Old Time Baptist Church, Clarksburg, WV
- Crossroads Church, Morgantown, WV
- Hopes Point Baptist Church, Weston, WV
- Marion Independent Baptist, Fairmont, WV
- Southridge Church, Fairmont, WV
- Second City (Southridge Bridgeport Plant) Bridgeport, WV
- Faith Baptist Church, Morgantown, WV
- Stonebridge Baptist Church, Morgantown, WV
- Saltwell Road Church, Bridgeport, WV
- Salt and Light Southern Baptist, Bridgeport, WV